Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ruby-Throated and Rufous Hummingbirds

Well the sewing room has been moved and it's starting to come together like I want it. A couple of snags with the cat5e cable I ran for the office line and dsl, but didn't take too long to fix. and I am so thankful that a chainsaw was not needed to move anything in or out of the room. Though my hubby and son did threaten to bring it out when they couldn't get the sofa into the downstairs den. LOL, when we go to move things around, I often wonder if the builders forgot that people were actually going to live here. They must have had some "skinny" furniture back in the 70's!

Though I've got the room arranged so that my work flow is not interupted- kinda like an assembly line, it's still a mess, so I'll post more photos after I've gotten it cleaned up more. 

Graceful, Elegant, Charming, Delightful are only a few words that describe a hummingbird. Every Spring & Summer I look forward to the arrival of the hummingbirds.

Graceful, Elegant, Charming, Delightful are only a few words that describe a hummingbird. They were late arriving this year and so far not as many as in years past, probably due to the colder weather we were having late in the Spring. But none the less, I keep my feeders full and they keep us entertained with their dive bombing antics! Here, we have Ruby- throated, black chinned and Rufous Hummingbirds. And for every 10 or so Ruby-throated and black chinned, we have 1 Rufous who keep watch over the feeders and chase off the others. Very territorial they are!

So why am I telling you about my hummingbirds? That's easy! Our newest set this week at The Country Needle includes a realistic Ruby-throated and a Rufous hummingbird in filled and redwork.

Ruby Throated & Rufous Hummingbirds

Price: $15.97

Sale: $8.78
Save: 45% off



The fun part about this set is that you can arrange the hummingbirds and trumpet flowers to create your own stitched masterpiece. They are so much fun! 28 designs total.

And while you're visiting, be sure to check out our other hummingbird sets. Mix and Match the sets for endless possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment