Friday, January 28, 2011

Prim Stitch Scented Mug Mats

I love the smell of a variety of fragrances and I could go on and on about my favorite scents! In the Fall & Winter, I use warm cozy scents like pumpkin bread or caramel apple and anything with a cinnamon fragrance. In the Spring & Summer, I enjoy fresh and light fragrances like lavender, cucumber and melon, roses or honeysuckle. I use candles, floral arrangements, oil burners, etc., throughout my home to inspire, to uplift, to relax. Like the music I listen to (hubby says I'm VERY eclectic), my choices in fragrances are dependent upon my mood or the mood I want to create.

With that in mind and since it's been chilly outside, I decided to create something in the hoop that would evoke warm and cozy and my sewing studio has never smelled so good! As I write this, I'm enjoying the cup of coffee that is sitting on a new scented mug mat. With the heat of my coffee cup, the aroma of cinnamon, cloves, rosemary and allspice are emitted into the air. Ahhh bliss! LOL well almost! It would be nice to have a small bit of chocolate to go with it! Perhaps I should ask Ruby if she has any to share?

Made completely in the hoop, this Prim Stitch Scented Mug Mat set includes the following: 6 mug mats • 1 Blank Mat • 1 Spice Pocket & 6 individual designs in both the 4x4 & 5x7 sizes. 28 designs total.

Photo Instructions, Spice Mix Recipe and How-To tea stain fabric are also included.
Great for craft shows, church bazaars, gift giving and more. Don't limit yourself to just mug mats. Use as candle mats, drawer sachets or use small cedar shavings for your closets too!
Stack several mats together, tie cinnamon sticks on with hemp rope for a great gift.
Now you don't have to use the recipe I've included with this set as there are lots of recipes on the internet. You can also experiment with different herbs &/or spices to come up with your own special fragrance. I can't wait for the summer so that I can dry some of the herbs I have growing. I'm thinking lavender and chamomile, or perhaps lemon grass and honeysuckle. Carol, one of my Yahoo group members even suggested lemongrass, black pepper and ginger for a wonderful fresh scent.  Hmmm, think I'll have to give that one a try too!

Download "Prim at Heart" sentiment when you visit.
Speaking of senses! Don't forget to check out my favorite spice tea mix too.

No comments:

Post a Comment