Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Welcome to The Country Needle Embroidery Designs® Hoop & Holler Embroidery Café!

Why Hoop & Holler you ask? Well I love machine embroidery and since you'll most likely find me in my sewing studio digitizing a new set, you'll also find that I always have something in the HOOP- either with a design stitching out on the machine, or another prepared to take it's place when the design is finished.

I also grew up in Oklahoma. Now you can take the girl out of Oklahoma, but you'll never take the Okie out of the girl and where I grew up, someone was always saying, "Give me a holler!"
Someone was always "hollerin' about somethin'!" Now that I think about it, while growing up I don't remember anyone ever saying give me a call.

If you're from a small town like me, there might have also been a little quaint café where everyone gathered for coffee and conversation which ranged anywhere from what my Grandma might be canning this summer to how my Grandfather's Sunday sermon really made them think about something, and everything else under the sun. Of course since the weather is always changing in Oklahoma, it was perhaps the most popular subject.

If you weren't able to make it to the local café, then there was always someone's front porch, where cookies or homemade pie, coffee, sweet tea and lemonade were in as much abundance as the kids playing in the front yard. In the summertime, as morning faded into afternoon and afternoon faded into night, the front porch never seemed to be without someone visiting and a potlock supper and someone bringing out their guitar or fiddle for a sing-along wasn't unusual. The frogs, the crickets, the whippoorwills and even the fireflies seemed to join in the harmony of those most treasured gatherings.

So grab your coffee or favorite drink, pull up a chair to sit a spell. Enjoy yourself while you're here and if you'd like to comment, well then...just give me a holler!

No comments:

Post a Comment