Saturday, July 23, 2011

Primitive Home Samplers

Remember that antique Hoosier cabinet I mentioned last week? Well after looking all weekend at Hoosiers in horrible condition, not to mention 4 times more than the one I'd mentioned earlier and no pie cabinets anywher, Hubby said we could get the one I saw first. After seeing the prices on the others and doing some checking on the internet, not only did we get the Hoosier in excellent condition, we got a bargain! While I was doing a happy dance, I think my poor Hubby was dreading having to help me move more furniture...AGAIN. LOL it wasn't that bad though, because the cabinet came apart in two pieces and carrying the ClosetMaid cabinets and drawers back up the stairs when empty weren't heavy either so he couldn't complain too much. Photos posted here.

Prim is in this week at The Country Needle and one of the things I love to do before or after stitching out prim designs is staining the fabric with tea which is what I've done with the new Prim Home Samplers to give them an anitquated look. If you've never tried tea-staining before, be sure to check out the easy instructions I've posted in the project section here on the Hoop & Holler.

Prim Home Samplers

Price: $15.97

Sale: $8.78

Save: 45% off





This set of primitive home samplers includes 4 samplers for the 4x4 and 5x7 hoops as well as individual design elements for the 4x4 and 5x7 sizes so you can mix and match to create your own unique prim sampler.

These are quick to stitch and great for wall hangings, quilts, card stock and more. I think the one shown here would look cute in an office.

It's hard to believe but it's almost County Fair time here! Where has the time gone? It seems just like yesterday that Spring arrived. This weekend, I'm going to try a recipe for Lavender Jelly and if it turns out, that will be one of my fair entries. I'll be sure to let you know how it turns out.

Have a wonderful weekend and as always...
Happy Stitching!
Nathenia

No comments:

Post a Comment